Firstly, thank you for your amazing support of our ‘Pub Hub’ at the Roebuck Inn, Mobberley.
Boxes of Ale
Great News……..we now have even more fresh cask ale in a box! 36 pint boxes, no hassle, no tapping or pegging simply settle the box for 24 hours in a cool place and then pour from the fitted tap…..couldn’t be easier!
Our ales available for the week are below and they are all priced at £49.95 for 36 pints of hassle free bitter!
We now have a little bit of the Bully…..this week in the box we have Cheshire Cat, Bulls Head Bitter and 1812 Overture Ale (Bulls Head Anniversary Ale).
All at £49.95 Each.
Casks of Ale
If you prefer to buy ale in the cask then we do have Pin Casks (36 Pint Casks) then this week we have Bulls Bitter and Buck Bitter
These are far easier to handle and tap, plus you can keep them cold more easily. £49.95 Each
We also have plenty of taps thanks to Weetwood Brewery. (Instructions on how to tap etc. are below. We do supply a tap, peg and the instructions for a £10.00 deposit) Please return the empty Keg and tap after use to claim your £10.00 deposit.
For the Smaller ‘Quench’
‘Ale to go’ is now served in one litre cartons (1.76 imperial pints) for £4.00 and two litre cartons (£3.52 imperial pints) for £8.00. (We do recycle the containers safely and these can be re-used by you if they are washed and sanitised when you bring them back for re-use)
‘Ale to go’ is on traditional hand pull, this week we will be serving a choice of Cheshire Cat Blonde Ale, Bulls Head Bitter, Buck Bitter, Mallory’s Mobberley Best and Byley Bomber, (a Three Greyhounds inn favourite!)
Please remember we can deliver to your door via our local taxi firm ‘Link Line’ or you can pick up here at the Hub!
We now have your favourite ‘Taunton cider’ in 5 Litre mini kegs that fit in your fridge at home for just £22.95
We also have ‘pour your own’ still cider back in stock at £4 a litre or £7 for 2 litres
We also have bottled and canned Cider
Taunton 500ml Bottles are £2.25 a bottle or 6 for only £11.95
Chapel Down’s Craft ‘Curious Apple’ Cider in 330ml Cans £1.95 a can or 6 for £10.95
We also sell chilled draught cider at £4.00 a litre and £8 for 2 litres
Lager on Tap
‘Lager to go’ is now served in one litre cartons (1.76 imperial pints) for £4.00 and two litre cartons (£3.52 imperial pints) for £8.00 (no longer needing a £1 deposit).
We feature two different lagers a week, watch out for Birra Moretti this week with Kronenbourg 1664 and then San Miguel to follow.
Coming Soon…on our Draught ‘Fizzy Stuff’ menu
Nastro Azzuro Peroni
Kuhl Craft Cheshire Lager in 330ml cans £1.95 a can or 6 for £9.95
Peroni Nastro Azzuro 330ml £1.70 per bottle or 6 for £8.95
Birra Moretti 330ml £1.80 per bottle or 6 for £9.95
Asahi Super Dry 330ml £1.70 per bottle or 6 for £8.95
Budsweiser Budvar 500ml bottles £2.25 a bottle or 6 for 12.95
Pilsner Urquell 330ml bottle £1.60 or 6 for £8.95
Corona £1.65 for a bottle and £8.95
Sol £1.40 for a bottle and £7.95
San Miguel for a bottle £1.60 and £8.95
Estrella Galicia 330ml bottle £1.60 or 6 for £8.95
Or a ‘Mixed Six’ for £8.95
‘No and Low’ Bottle Beers for the Week Days!!
Great Value Craft Low Alcohol Beers
Lucky Saint 0.5% Unfiltered lager 330ml bottle £1.50 and six-bottles for £7.95 (Vegan too)
Vandestreek Bier Raspberry and Blueberry Sour Beer bottle 95p and six-bottles for £4.95
Nanny State by Brew Dog 330ml bottle £1.95 or six-bottles for £9.95
Vandestreek Non-Alcoholic IPA…its really Good! Bottle 1.25p and six bottles for £6.95
Erdinger Alkoholfrei 500ml bottle £1.25 or six-bottles for £6.95
‘Mix Six of the Best’ Mixed Craft Case featuring 6 bottles including, Budweiser Budvar 0%, Erdinger 0%, Becks Blue, Vandestreek IPA and Fruit lager and Lucky Saint 0.5% unfiltered lager £6.95
Please remember you can pick up or we can deliver right to your door!
Setting up your barrel of cask ale
Thanks for choosing to serve our Cask Ale, we’re sure it will add to everyone’s enjoyment of your event. To enjoy our beer at its best, please read the following guide to setting up, storing and serving your beer.
Firstly, be very mindful that when full, a 9 gallon/72 pint ‘firkin’ weighs roughly 50kg. Consider the surface the barrel will be on and take care when handling.
Cask ale is best stored and served at ‘cellar temperature’ which is between 10-12 degrees Celsius / 50-54 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep it cool until tapping. If you think your barrel will be too warm when pouring, place a cold wet towel over it. This will allow cooling by evaporation.
The ALE NEEDS TO SETTLE as it is live beer….You will need:
– a rubber or wooden mallet (though a hammer will do) and a pair of pliers and logs to tilt the barrel but also some at the side to stop it rolling these are technically called ‘stillage’. See the diagram below….
In addition to the barrel, we will have supplied you with a black plastic tap, a wooden peg (called a spile)
- Stand the cask on its round base (vertically) with the keystone on the top.
- Set the tap in the closed position and hold it on the centre of the rubber keystone with the adjustable part of the tap facing towards the centre of the barrel.
- Using your mallet, knock the tap firmly through the keystone so that it breaks through the seal, far enough so it is wedged securely in place. If using a hammer rather than a mallet, put a piece of wood between the hammer and the tap to protect the tap.
- Now place the cask on its side where you will be serving the beer, ensuring that the tap is at the bottom and the shive is on the top. Use wooden logs to stop it rolling around.
- When you’re ready to start pouring, knock the small wooden peg (spile) through the centre of the shive (top bung) to break the seal. As you pour beer from the barrel, air needs to get in through this hole. You may need the pliers to pull the peg out. Keep the peg, you’ll need it later.
- Open the tap carefully and start pouring.
- When you’re finished, close the tap and knock the peg tight into the shive (if coming back for more, simply release the peg, open the tap and serve again).
We really hope you enjoy the beer. Let us have any feedback and please do send us or post a picture on social media.